(photo taken last week on Lake Superior)
I want to thank everyone for their thoughtful posts, emails and comments about selling our house. But I think I might have created some confusion. We have not sold our house yet, we have not moved yet. The point of that post was to just let go of the house. To release it. Believing that now it will sell.
Is that crazy? Probably. But it felt good to write it and it felt good to let it go.
We still have no idea where we’ll end up or when we’ll make a move. It will happen when the stars align.
In the meantime, here’s a little reading for your weekend. My husband found this in a pdf form online, printed it out and brought it home. It sits on the desk we both share and there’s lots of good stuff here.
My goal for this weekend is to Be Kind.
I’m listing again, folks. Aren’t I always listing? At least I think I am. Anyway, to celebrate the official beginning of Summer, and really, Summer just showed up here, I want to know your five favorite foods of summer. Ready? Here goes:
1. Local Strawberries
2. Grilled Corn
3. Fresh Mint on or in just about anything (can you say lemonade?)
4. Popsicles (preferably on the front steps with my favorite girl)
5. Brats on the Grill
Now your turn…. What are your five favorite foods of summer?
Five things is back!
It’s been awhile, but nothing like turning over a new leaf, or returning over a new leaf at the first of the year. So this Friday, in honor of the weekend, I’m asking you five FUN things you hope to do this weekend. Don’t tell me what errands you need to run or what needs to be organized, just five FUN things. Here goes:
1. Playing hockey – two games, can’t wait.
2. A 4-year-old birthday party, outside, at an outdoor rink. (yep, FUN)
3. Watching the Vikings play the Packers. (FUN? not sure, will tell you after the game)
4. Spending time with Daughter (FUN)
5. Watching the Season 3 premiere of Downton Abbey. (I watched the first two seasons on the iPad in the last two weeks… FUN!)
Finally, it’s the weekend.
It’s been a long week. Among other things, we dealt with an ear infection, a rash, long work hours, tight deadlines, almost a missed deadline (with the reminder to ALWAYS check the deadline yourself, not what you hear), brunch with grandparents and cousins, a great night at the playground with neighbors, a bit of trike riding and a whole lot of laughing.
We’re heading to a weekend that includes a running race and brunch with friends, dinner with the girls for Jen’s birthday and a Sunday with absolutely no plans. Did I type that right? Absolutely. no. Plans.
All that brings me back to …. a Friday Five. It’s been a while. But since it’s on my mind…
You’re five favorite brunch foods. Seriously, it’s that simple.
1. Tracy’s Cheesy Potatoes
2. Bagels with Cream Cheese & Lox
4. Shrimp Cocktail with Spicy Cocktail Sauce
What about you?
It’s nearly the middle of March and Spring is on the door step. I heard the birds chirping this morning and I just had to post this beautiful poster I found on Poster Cabaret. Have you seen this site? So many amazing and affordable works of art.
So, it’s warming up and soon we’ll be grilling burgers outside. And, best of all, it’s the weekend. And because it’s Friday, here are five things that help me recharge over the weekend….
1. “Sleep in,” which really means cuddling with Daughter until 8 if we’re lucky.
2. Take Daughter to lunch on Fridays when I can, sometimes just the two of us. Today we’re heading to Tilia with friends.
3. Hang out in the sunlight in our living rom while Daughter and Dog play with random toys.
4. Eat a grapefruit each morning.
5. Read bits and pieces of the Sunday Paper.
Tell me, what do you do to recharge on the weekend?
March is here, can you believe it? I love March. Three years ago we welcomed a very special bundle into our lives at the end of March. So for the past few years March has been a month of planning. First planning for our beautiful baby, and the last three years planning for a beautiful birthday. This year she’s having two parties, one with family and one with friends. Both will be great. She’s looking forward to the two cakes. So am I.
All that said, it’s Friday and I’m grateful. So grateful. Here’s my top 5:
I’m grateful for….
1. My perfect little family of husband, daughter and dog
2. My mind, that lets me write and create everyday
3. My body, which lets me skate and run and jump and tickle
4. My friends, without them I don’t know where I’d be
Should I go on? Because I could… for days.
What are you grateful for?
And speaking of friends, go check out Jen’s blog, she’s in a book (A real book, hardcover, even) and she’s giving one away. WooHoo!
Man, I’m tired right now. And sore. It’s 12:04 in the morning and I just got home from a hockey game. That I played. I smell pretty bad, my knee/hip is tight, my right shoulder is throbbing and my throat is sore where I took a stick. Such is life, or at least a game of hockey. This season has been pretty good. We have some new bodies who are young and really good, but the older bodies have a hard time getting to games and it’s really hard to play with only 7 skaters (one with the flu) at 10pm on a school night.
So there you go, that’s what’s happening. What’s nice is that the house is quiet. And except for the dog staring at me wanting a treat, it’s pretty cool. If I didn’t have to be at work in 8 hours I could probably sit here for a while. But anyway… it’s now Friday. And it’s time to do the Friday5!
Husband brought home tulips last week since we hosted a lovely brunch and all I can think about is spring. We’ve barely had winter in these parts, but I’m ready. So, here goes… the top five things about spring that I’m looking forward to, are….
1. Opening the windows
2. Spring cleaning
3. Planning my garden
4. My neighbor’s tulips
5. Watching the birds “go crazy” in the birdhouses outside the kitchen window
Is it too early to get excited for Spring? No. Never. Not at all.
So… now, what are the top five things about spring you’e looking forward to? And don’t say the end of hockey season!
Getting back to the basics….
List five foods that make you happy. Really happy.
1. Spicy Tuna Rolls
2. Chunky Monkey Ice Cream
3. Baked Truffled Mac & Cheese
4. Lobster tails with Spiced Butter
5. Chocolate Pecan Pie
And not necessarily in that order…
What about you?
(I’m bringing Daughter sledding today, what are you doing?)
Five things I want to accomplish this year:
1. Go on more dates with Husband
2. Do another triathlon
3. Do another 10k
4. Write a book
(are those too mighty?)
What about you? What five things are you hoping to accomplish this year? Tell me!