I love that this ground cover takes on a new personality when shot at this angle. Looks like a forest, doesn’t it?
Shot in Big Bay State Park on Madeline Island, Wisconsin.
And suddenly it’s October. The middle of October. The days are cooler, the nights are longer, the leaves are blowing off the trees at a really incredible, mind-boggling rate. Where did the summer go? Where did September go? It’s all been a blur, but I know I enjoyed it.
And now I’m back. Ready to return to this crazy blogosphere. A few updates:
• I have a whole bunch of good stuff for sale at The Linden Tree, a beautiful gift shop in South Minneapolis. (stop in and say hi to Melissa!)
• I’ve been sewing for myself. Or rather for people I love, instead of just producing goods for sale. (and it feels great.)
• I’ve been reading. I plowed through The Help and devoured a number of magazines (including a Martha Stewart Living, who knew?)
• I’ve been accepted into my first Art Festival (i’m thrilled and horrified at the same time).
• I’ve started working out again. Meaning I’ve been breaking a sweat and not just walking the dog. (This is important, because my hockey season starts in two weeks and I don’t want to die).
• I’ve made a commitment to get myself to Yoga at least once a week. (again, important!)
• I’ve been playing. With Daughter. With Dog. With the family. (The work will get done when it needs to get done, but sometimes it’s more important to watch Elmo get tickled.)
• And finally, I’m working on my Mighty List. (because this really, really is important)
I’ve missed you. I’m glad to be back. What have you been up to?
I am so excited to announce that I will be participating in the Minnesota Women’s Art Festival on December 11 at the Midtown YWCA. I will be sharing a booth with an old friend, Nikki, who works with Glass. I’m still working out what I’ll be featuring in our booth, but I’ll be sure to have plenty of gifts for all the people on your list. So save the date, and I’ll see you there!